Thursday, March 13, 2014

And the Oscar Goes To...

The Oscar goes to all of us.  Despite some setbacks with regard to time, we were able to complete our Digital Citizenship Film Festival videos just as the bell was ringing to signify the end of our last Technology class.  Whew.  It was a wild ride.  I am proud of the effort and energy that each student put into their project.  While watching the videos and reflecting on the process, it was interesting to hear what each student learned.  Comments ranged from, "I learned the importance of working on a team", "I learned how to crop a video clip", "I learned that you are never done editing", "I learned to pay attention to my privacy settings when working with social media", "I learned how to manipulate the voices within a video", and so much more.  Whether it was a learning moment regarding technical skills or a lesson in diplomacy and digital citizenship, we all grew our knowledge bank.  Even I did.  I learned to have faith in my students ability to stay on task without being micromanaged.  I found it so impressive that they were motivated enough to get the project done and follow along with the timeline (even when two days that we didn't have class were not accounted for on that timeline giving the impression they would have more time than they actually had).  Each student added their own flavor of creativity to their projects and some had to learn by doing, even if I told them that making a different choice might be better.  I respect that.  In the end, we created projects that we can be proud of and had a ball sharing, reflecting, and celebrating our work.  It is hard to believe that this
became this



Thank you for sharing in our journey!  Continue to follow us on Twitter @5thTech.


No comments:

Post a Comment