I feel silly being a guest blogger to my student's blog but alas, here goes because I never deny a good challenge (well, almost never). Thank you to @ugafrank for this particular challenge. Well, here goes:
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. Many assume I am an extrovert but I'm actually a big time introvert.
2. I love a good potty joke.
3. One of the things I am most proud of is that my dad reads Hebrew with a Texas twang (wish my accent had stuck around sometimes).
4. My daughter and I have a dream of owning our own bookstore one day and brainstorm catchy store names in our free time.
5. One of my favorite things to do is white water rafting.
6. I enjoy fishing for sharks. (I've caught two!)
7. I still think about my grandma's everyday.
8. When I was 9 years old, I went to Vinnie Johnson ("The Microwave") basketball camp. That's pretty random.
9. One of my most favorite movies is Almost Famous.
10. When I'm with my camp friends, I regress back to age 10.
11. I am very proud of where I work.
My Answers to Drew's Questions:
1. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Besides Almost Famous mentioned above, I love Some Kind of Wonderful.
2. If you could have attended any concert anytime in history, what would it have been?
Don't laugh but 10,000 Maniacs
3. What do you do for fun? Hobby?
I love to read, see movies, bake sweets, and travel.
4. What two guests would make the best comedic pair as co-hosts for the Oscars?
Chevy Chase & Ben Stiller
5 .Cat, Dog or Goldfish? Why…
Not just any dog but a yorkie because they are so cute and little
6. How do you caffeinate?
Coffee and diet coke
7. Favorite twitter chat?
8. Best place you ever vacationed?
9. Best book you’ve read in 2013?
That is tough! Seriously tough. I'm going to go with Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys because it is a perfect love song to New Orleans.
10. Favorite television shows?
Sadly, just Homeland. Waiting for more quality T.V.
11. What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of?
The fact that I was able to give birth to two precious children.
The Eleven Bloggers That I Nominate to Join The Homework Club:
1. Richard Byrne at Free Technology for Teachers http://www.freetech4teachers.com/
2. Karin Schreier Hallett at Liquid Literacy http://liquidliteracy.wordpress.com/
3. Cynthia Alaniz at Librarian in Cute Shoes http://librarianincuteshoes.blogspot.com/
4. Lisa Johnson at Tech Chef 4 U http://www.techchef4u.com/
5. Lee LeFever at Common Craft http://www.commoncraft.com/blog
6. Tony Vincent at Learning in Hand http://learninginhand.com/blog/
7. Erin Klein at Kleinspiration http://www.kleinspiration.com/
8. Jennifer LaGarde at The Adventures of Library Girl http://www.librarygirl.net/
9. Joyce Valenza at Never Ending Search http://blogs.slj.com/neverendingsearch/
10. Kelly Tenkely at I Learn Technology http://ilearntechnology.com/
11. Vicki Davis at Cool Cat Teacher http://www.coolcatteacher.com/
Questions for My Nominees:
1. What is an app you like and why?
2. Where is the most exotic place that you have visited?
3. What is one thing that you want to be remembered for?
4. If you were to do a TED talk now, what would it be about?
5. What is most precious to you?
6. What book do you think everyone should read?
7. What was your most rewarding professional development experience?
8. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
10. If you could meet anyone in the world that is currently living, who would it be?
11. What is the best compliment that a student has ever given you?
Here is your Task
1.Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2.Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3.Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4.List 11 bloggers.
5.Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you